The 2021 Dachshund Dash registration is full! Please check back next year for registration information.
This “dachgone” activity will take place at 12:00pm on Saturday, September 25 in Spaten Halle. Although costumes are not required, they are encouraged. The best costume picked by the crowd will receive a prize. Best costume in the Dachshund parade picked by the crowd will win a gift card for services at Spa Paws Hotel.
This fan-favorite attraction will take place at 1:00 pm on Saturday, September 25 in Die Aktivitat Tent. Contestants must pre-register. Winner of the Dachshund Dash will win a prize basket donated by Spa Paws Hotel.
Festival and activities are held at: The Shack at Panther Island Pavilion, 395 Purcey St, Ft. Worth, 76102
$6 Entry Fee
Rules of Participation
- Dog(s) must be pure, full-blooded dachshunds.
- All participants must be pre-registered before the event.
- You will be asked to provide photos of your dog(s).
- Participants must be checked in at the registration booth or they will not be acknowledged as registered and therefore will not be allowed to participate in the race or events.
- Up-to-date veterinary shot records for all participating dog(s) must be presented at the registration booth at check-in. We need to confirm the records but we do not need copies.
- Your dog’s name will be called twice before the heat. If handlers and dog(s) are not at the gate at the time of the race, that heat will be considered a forfeit and you may not continue. No refund will be given in the case of a forfeit.
- Each pup should have two humans available during the heat; one at the race gate, and one at the finish line.
- You may use a toy or treat to entice your dog(s), but you must stay at each end. Your dog(s) must come to you! The toy or treat may not be thrown or tossed. No laser lights are allowed.
- You may NOT run alongside the dog(s).
- Your dog(s) may step out of bounds but must re-enter and completely cross the finish line within the boundaries without being grabbed. If the dog is touched by the handler before completely crossing the finish line, the dog will be disqualified.
- We reserve the right to disqualify any pet/owner for behavior deemed inappropriate.
- Any dog that bites another dog, person or handler will not be permitted to race.
- Dog(s) must be on a leash at all times (except during race).
- Owners must clean up after their dog(s)! Please bring your own “clean-up” supplies.
- Judges’ rulings are final!
- If you enter more than one dog, there needs to be an additional two humans for each added dog.
- If there is a question that your dog is not a full-blooded dachshund, we reserve the right to ask for your dog’s papers.